Sunday, July 28, 2013

Another Catholic symbol for my home

While shopping at one of our local thrift stores I found this beautiful copper mold.  My mother always had a few copper molds hanging on the wall of her kitchen when I was growing up, so they invoke wonderful memories for me.  At less than $2, I knew I wanted it.  Alas, I had no cash with me.

I went back this week and the mold was still there!  Armed with some $$$ this time I brought it home with me.  It's soon going to be polished up and hanging in my kitchen to remind me of one of my goals in life--to make a pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela.

The shell-shape is the same shape as the shells the pilgrims wear.  I may never walk El Camino de Santiago, but I can be reminded that all of life is a pilgrimage each day when I see this shell in my kitchen.

Well worth the $2, don't you think?


1 comment:

  1. Hola! I think that's beautiful. I just moved into a new place and am looking for ways to Catholicize my casa! I like the obvious Mary statues, crucifixes and Last Supper paintings but love the symbolism of this clam shell. I even keep a Nativity Scentsy light out all year long!!

    Because I am totally digging your blog and would like my readers to know you and meet your readers, I've nominated you for a blog-tastic award. Please head on over to my place to check it out. If you don't participate in blog-awards, I understand...just my way of saying thank you for having a great Catholic blog!

    God's Blessings,
    Cristina

    ReplyDelete