Wednesday, August 7, 2013

God still answers prayers!

And sometimes you get the answer as a complete surprise!  Today was one of those days.

Several years ago I managed a child care center.  One day I overheard a conversation between one of the mothers and the owner.  The mother had just had another miscarriage.  It seemed that she didn't have trouble getting pregnant, she just had trouble staying pregnant.

When I left that job I never thought I would see her again, but periodically I would think of her and pray that wherever she was, she had managed to get pregnant again and that she had managed to carry the baby to term.

In my new job as a 1st grade teacher's assistant I was pleasantly surprised to see the name of her son on my class roster.  At the open house this afternoon I saw her, and she told me that she now has a daughter who is a year old!

I couldn't help but start to cry, and then I confided in her how I had been praying for her over these years, even though I never expected to see her again.  And how happy I was to know that those prayers had been answered!

God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment